Sweet Christmas (Episode 16)
We invite Johnathan (aka @actwon1) to come chat about Luke Cage's Netflix revival.
We invited Johnathan (ActWon1 on twitter) to hang out and talk about the newest Netflix/Marvel offering, Luke Cage.
Guest Intro (00:00:40)
A brief intro to our guest, Johnathan.
What we've been up to (00:02:38)
- Mystic Messenger
- Destiny: Rise of Iron
- Dance Academy
- I'm a Forge Partner! (forge.gg/kaleri_)
Luke Cage (00: 38: 38)
Spoilers galore here!
- What/who IS Luke Cage?
- Luke Cage in the comics
- Luke Cage, the Netflix character
- The MUSIC/soundtrack (Can we PLEASE talk about that soundtrack? @soetzufit)
- Shades. "I kinda got a “holding a torch for Mariah” vibe from him. Couldn’t get enough Shades. More Shades. @HoodieThirteen" (01:03:32)
- The women on this show! Misty Knight & Claire Temple
- Do we really need to talk about "protection from superheroes" AGAIN?
- The setting, ambiance etc.
- After the death of Cotton Mouth, it has issues. The super bullet was rather lame. And Diamondback, who was always the great puppet master, just puts on a suit and comes fight Luke at the end in public? Really? Overall, I loved the series but I think Jessica Jones had better writing for the second half. Before that, I thought they were at least on par. @vosskah (01:23:22)
- Jessica Jones and the treatment of the black characters in the show
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Vivacity by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License