How do you get 50 million people to like a woman? (Episode 19)
This week we're joined by Special Guest Star (upgraded from Returning Guest) AppleCider to chat and snark about The Game Awards and PSX.
We invited AppleCider back to hang out and talk about the big events in video games that happened recently - The Game Award and PlayStation Experience.
Guest and Topic Intro (00:00:51)
A brief intro to our guest, AppleCider.
What we've been up to (00:03:17)
- Dishonored 1
- Man in the High Castle
- Mystic Messenger
- Black Mirror
- Official Spotify playlists for EXO/BTS
The Game Awards (00:38: 05)
- What is The Game Awards?
- Hideo Kojima and the Death Stranding trailer
- Some issues with how the awards were presented
- Indie games getting shafted
- Mass Effect gameplay trailer
- Blizzard and Overwatch win big (and what does Best Game Direction mean?)
- Voice acting - Firewatch gets snubbed, Nolan North throws Performance Matters under the bus
- With the male dominated list of Trending gamers, 2 things. What do you think should be qualifications for trending gamer and who are some women that you'd nominate based on those ideas? @BrothaDom
- With @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN receiving the Industry Icon Award, who would you guys nominate as the first female to receive it? @bloomtoon
- What can Geoff Kieghly do to make an event like the Game Awards be taken seriously in the mainstream and not just a marketing event with only a few awards? To me if feels too much like an extension of E3. @mustyhobbit
- What new award would you include? Joke answer and serious answer both would rule. @devoted_pupa
PSX (01:32: 30)
- What is PSX?
- Remakes of PS1 games - Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, Wipeout, Patapon
- Destiny - the return of Sparrow racing
- The Last of Us 2
- Sony’s holiday commercial for PS4 showed lots of content for games coming out in 17. Did PSX do enough to satisfy anxiety someone might have about jumping onboard for a system when the stuff you want to play hasn’t even been released? @alatinolawyer
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Vivacity by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License